College Of Education
Guided by the University’s leadership role in education, The College of Education offers undergraduate programs that produce teachers that aren’t only proactive and conscientious but also responsive to the changing needs of the local education sector.
With one of the most renowned faculties in Bicol, our College of Education has two key four-year bachelor’s degrees:
The College of Education commits itself to:
Ensure effective and maximum benefits from educational development thrusts and programs; Achieve efficiency and relevance in promoting linkages with government and non-government agencies, and Assure utmost academic and non-academic formations from the maintenance of well-rounded faculties.
The College of Education, guided by the University’s leadership role in education, anchored on dynamism and technological advancements in the transformation of youth into conscientious and proactive teachers, shall effectively address the need to produce quality and socially enhanced professionals responsive to multi-faceted and changing needs to local, national, and international societies.
Graduates of the BEEd and BSEd programs are teachers who:
- Demonstrate and practice professional and personal integrity in the teaching profession;
- Exemplify compassionate leadership for the promotion of peace and harmony;
- Practice an enabling career of service as leaders in their community;
- Teach across different learning areas in elementary school;
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit in the practice of the teaching profession;
- Teach in their major fields of specializations such as Biological Science, Physical Science, Mathematics, Social Studies, MAPEH, Filipino, English, and other learning areas; and
- Possess expertise in teaching skills in their area of specialization as demonstration teachers and trainers both locally and globally.
The College of Education aims to develop elementary and secondary teachers who:
- Possess professional competencies essential in the teaching profession;
- Utilize technology to enrich student learning and for professional and personal development;
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the development of elementary and adolescent learners;
- Possess the knowledge and basic skills necessary to conduct research work and use research findings to improve teaching knowledge and skills;
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge of various learning areas in the elementary and secondary curriculum;
- Create and utilize instructional materials appropriate to the elementary and secondary level to enhance teaching and learning;
- Design and implement assessment tools and procedures to measure elementary and secondary learning outcomes;
- Possess coping skills as a person and as a member of the teaching profession;
- Demonstrate social responsibility as agents of positive change; and
- Possess the knowledge and skills in music, arts, and sports.