THE UNIVERSITY OF NUEVA CACERES ANNOUNCES THE STUDENT SUCCESS COACHING PROGRAM FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2021-2022
The Student Success Coaching Program is an intervention program intentionally designed to scaffold the success of “at-risk” college freshmen students. The program supports freshmen students in navigating their academic needs as well as their well-being necessary to be successful in academics and in life. Third year and fourth year students are assigned as Student Success Coach to each freshmen student to support them for a successful transition to college life and ultimately finish their studies in the university.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A STUDENT SUCCESS COACH
> Help students balance their studies, extra-curricular activities and everyday life, empower them to prioritize things and become independent learners
> Offer time and stress management advice
> Assist students in their online classes
> Connect the students to university resources (student support offices)
> Motivate students to study and reach their goals
> Monitor and collect data on student’s academic progress
> Help students develop skills, behaviors and habits that contribute to their success in college
BECOME A STUDENT SUCCESS COACH
1. Full-time 3rd year and 4th year student
2. GWA of 2.0 or higher with no failing grades in all subjects including Social Arts, NSTP and PE and maintained during his/her term as Student Success Coach
3. Proficient in computer software applications and LMS used in online classes
4. Commendable Communication Skills
5. Good Inter-personal Skills
6. Excellent Listening Skills
7. Must not be the head of recognized student organizations and student publications during his/her term as Student Success Coach (USG President, College Council Chairs, Presidents of Student Organizations, Fraternities and Sororities and Editor-in- Chief of Student Publications)
Note: AB Psychology Practicum students are encouraged to apply provided they meet the aforementioned qualifications.
1. Current resume and an application letter expressing your passion and interest to become a Student Success Coach
2. Certification of Grades from the University Registrar’s Office
3. Certificate of Good Moral Character from the DSA Office
4. Name and email address of a college faculty or head of office who can recommend you as Student Success Coach and who can speak of your abilities in supporting fellow college students.
Submission of Application Requirements-
February 5-15, 2021
Address Application Letter to:
Dr. ARMIN A. FULLANTE
AVP for Student Affairs and Services
University of Nueva Caceres
Email Application Requirements to:
Finalists for the Student Success Coach will be notified for an Interview to be scheduled and conducted by the Selection Committee.
The AVPSAS Office will release the list of Student Success Coaches who passed the Interview and Selection Process on or before March 30, 2021.
Selected Student Success Coaches will enjoy Administrative Scholarship.
Orientation and Training of Student Success Coaches will be conducted before the opening of school year 2021-2022.