For this competition, the team of students will be creating a guided tour of their school without the pandemic in Minecraft. This includes points of interest and iconic spots in the school. Items created should be as accurately close to its real-life counterparts. A team can be composed of one or more students with a maximum of six members.
• Create a 2-3-minute video showcasing your school as a central attraction for a Minecraft Christmas Village. (Yes, you must recreate your school in Minecraft)
• Show the Christmas spirit of your school
• The world must and should only be created in any Minecraft Game.
• The version of the game must be at least from the Aquatic Update. It can be created from any edition of Minecraft.
• A player must host a server from their computer. The school will not be hosting servers for the participants.
Default Time and Weather Settings
• Time can be set on noon daylight night cycle.
• Weather must either be on snow or on clear
Blocks and Entities
• The farthest block that can be replaced is 256 blocks away.
• Texture packs, behavior packs and other packs of the games must be the default installed in the game. Any additional packs, including shaders, Opti fine and connected textures are not allowed.
• Mods are not allowed.
• Only Skins provided by Mojang will be allowed in the game.
• All blocks in the game can be used indefinitely.
• The following are not allowed to be built:
o Any form that represents malicious or sexual intent
o Any form that undermines any person or institution
o Water world
o Invisible mazes
• Video must be 2-3 minutes long.
• Video must show the name of the school.
• Video at the end must show the full names of all members of the team.
• Video must be exported at a resolution of 1920x1080, bitrate of 10mbps, H.264 video codec and AAC audio codec.
• Use of sounds in the video is allowed.
Theme and Composition
• The theme of the build is “School Christmas Village”.
• Each team is composed of a maximum of 1-6 members.
Rules for Automatic Disqualification
• Entries will be automatically be disqualified if
o Game world has been made from either
▪ McEdit or similar applications
▪ World downloaded from the internet
▪ Older Minecraft Edition Versions
o Video is corrupted
o World has any representation of sexual activity, bullying, or defamation
o Submitted beyond the deadline.
Rules for Deductions
If video is less than 2 minutes or more than 3 minutes, a point will be deducted for every 3
seconds excess or lacking.
• Potato PC’s will have a hard time running the game, especially smaller and older netbooks.
• Minecraft Education Edition does not exist on Linux, iPhone nor Android, but it does on iPad, Chromebook, Mac OS and Windows
• Server Hosting is limited to the area around the server hosts. Same ISP’s to the team are recommended. Note: some ISPs, like Globe, will not be able to host any servers.
There will be 2 sets of winners and 1 over-all winner.
1. 10,000 for entries from Ayala-YGC Schools
2. 10,000 for entries from Non-Ayala-YGC Schools
3. 5,0000 Additional for over-all winner
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
1. Submission of entries: November 25, 2020, 12:01 am
2. Deadline: December 10, 2020, 11:59 pm
3. Announcement of Winners: December 14, 2020
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
A. Declaration: Upon submission of the entry, the participant/s declares that the output is original, has not been used in any competition and purely their intellectual and creative product.
B. Additional Requirements for Submission:
-The video entry must be uploaded on an unlisted YouTube account.
-The link for the entry uploaded on a unlisted YouTube must be emailed to :
- Aside from the YouTube link, the email must contain the complete details the following information:
1. Full Name (Given Name, Middle Name and Last Name of all participating members)
2. School of Affiliation
3. Contact Number/s of the participant/s
*For additional queries or clarifications kindly email: firstname.lastname@example.org